Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Daily Caricature Sketch - Vladimir Putin



On Tuesday, President Obama met with the Russian Prime Minister and former President Vladimir Putin. It's nice to see our current President reaching out to countries whose relations have been hurt by our former President.

I thought Putin had a great face for a caricature study. This time I wanted to illustrate it in a similar way to my painting style. I use an expressionistic style to try and evoke a feeling rather than an exact photographic rendition of the subject. The feeling for me? As a former KGB officer, Putin is a guy that you really don't want to piss off.

ALL ART WORK AND TEXT IS COPYRIGHTED BY ROBBIE MCCORD, UNLESS OTHERWISE ATTRIBUTED TO THE RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNER, IT IS ILLEGAL TO PUBLISH OR PRINT ANY SUCH ARTWORK OR TEXT WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION BY THE ARTIST OR COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment